Choosing floral tributes for funerals
There are many different floral tribute options to choose from, these could include bouquets, wreaths, sprays, coffin displays and specialist designs. Floral tributes are a personal choice, so we’re here to help you choose the best option for you. However, to help you make an informed decision that you’re happy with, we’ve summarised the main types of flowers for funerals below:
- Type of flower – There are a range of flower types to choose from when deciding on the right ones for the funeral. The more traditional options include lilies, carnations and roses but there is the option to choose from other foliage if you prefer. These can also be chosen in one single colour or you have the option to mix different colours.
- Personal tributes – There are a number of memorable tributes to choose from including personalised messages. Alternatively, you can decide on shapes with various meanings, like the shape of an animal, the gates of heaven, a bear, or another meaningful design.
- Arrangements & shapes – We have a variety of arrangements and shapes to choose from at Heart of England Co-op Funerals. From arrangements including sprays, sheafs and more, to shapes including hearts, cushions and crosses, our experienced funeral directors can help you decide on a suitable shape or arrangement for you or your loved ones’ send off.
Types of funeral flower arrangements
Whether you’re looking for a traditional spray, or a more unique funeral flower arrangement such as wreaths and specialist tributes, below, we’ve listed more detail on the types of funeral flower arrangements available. As an alternative, you’re also free to choose from any other colour or flower compared to the arrangements already outlined in our comprehensive funeral brochure.
- Sprays – Sprays are large flat bouquets. Usually, there are two types of these; coffin sprays, which are presented so they lie over the top of a coffin, or more traditional funeral sprays that can be presented in other places around the funeral venue as a memorable way to remember your loved one.
- Sheafs & bouquets – A traditional choice which looks beautiful laid over the coffin or on a grave, these floral tributes are tied together with a ribbon in your choice of colour.
- Wreaths – These are traditional circular arrangements of flowers. Though traditionally used as seasonal decor, these are also a popular choice for funerals and come in a range of floral options to suit personal preference or time of year.
- Other shapes – We offer different shapes of floral tributes. These include hearts, open books, pillows, cushions and crosses. These are a great way to make a tribute feel more personal.
- Specialist tributes – As mentioned above, we also offer specialist tributes, where flowers can be shaped to a specific word or message, such as ‘mum’ or ‘dad’, or to another object that has a sentimental meaning to the lost loved one to represent their life.
Our experienced funeral directors can help you to find some memorable flower arrangements that meet your or your loved one’s wishes.
Find Your Local Funeral Home